EDMO: STEAM Maker Lab
This session will introduce the Maker Movement and Mindset. Participant will jump into their own Maker projects. The session with focus how to incorporate design thinking, creative reuse and engineering into your curriculum. We will also provide STEAM curriculum resources, Free tech education software and important community partners.
Participants will leave with:
- Resources for Maker and STEAM based projects
- Knowledge and experience in a Maker Classroom
- 2 Maker activities to use at camp
***** Training slides and tools will be available in Google Drive for all participants
- Presenter Intro and Group Hellos
- Design Challenge - Why is it so cool for out of school time!
- Maker Movement and Design Challenge Breakdown
- Design Challenge 2
- Maker Curriculum Elements Reflection
Best For: Frontline Staff and Coordinators
Target Student Population: Elementary School: All Grades Middle School: All Grades