Spark Decks Training of Trainers: Building Social and Emotional Skills
In this fun and interactive session, participants will learn how to run a workshop that will guide
staff in implementing practical, hands-on ideas for creating a program environment that supports the development of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) skills.
All participants will receive a copy of Spark Deck’s Building Social and Emotional Skills deck, a
facilitators’ agenda and support materials to recreate the workshop, and access to additional Spark Deck’s TOT materials.
Participation in this workshop is by application only.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Learn and share how to support staff in understanding what Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is, and why it is important
- Explore how to best support staff in growing a program that supports SEL development
- Learn how to use the Building Social and Emotional Skills Spark Deck to foster a favorable environment for SEL growth
- Icebreaker (Purpose: To get everyone warmed up, and explore some of the different styles of
leadership in our programs)
- Exploring Social and Emotional Learning (Purpose: To learn about SEL, and why it is important)
- Importance of Program Environment (Purpose: Participants will explore how environment helps to let SEL skills blossom)
- Exploring the SEL Spark Deck (Purpose: To learn to use the cards to help staff support SEL skill development)
- Reflection and Closing (Purpose: To close out the session, and practice the art of reflection)
- Evaluation (Purpose: To share feedback)
Best For: Coordinators, Managers, and Directors
Target Student Population: Elementary: All Grades, Middle School: All Grades
To access the materials for this course, visit the Spark Deck's website.