Spark Decks Training of the Trainers: Supporting all English Language Learners
In this hands-on, interactive Training of Trainers workshop we will share and learn strategies and activities to support staff in ensuring that ALL participants, regardless of their language abilities, thrive in our programs.
All participants will receive a copy of Spark Deck’s Supporting English Language Learners deck, a facilitators’ agenda and support materials to recreate the workshop, and access to additional Spark Deck’s TOT materials.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Share and learn research-based strategies to support English Language Learners
- Practice and develop activities that build English language fluency (in writing, reading, speaking, listening, and cultural awareness)
- Reflect on what they have learned and develop a plan for bringing that knowledge back to their programs
- Icebreaker: Participants will make and share artistic paper plates of foods that represent their cultures
- Family Feud Game: Small groups will compete to come up with the most strategies for supporting English language learners
- Activities: Participants will learn how to use Spark Cards to support staff in their work with English language learners
- Reflection and closing: Participants will create an action plan for how to bring back what they have learned to their programs and staff
Best For: Coordinators, Managers, and Directors
Target Student Population: Elementary: All Grades, Middle School: All Grades
To access the materials for this course, visit the Spark Deck's website.