Build a Collaborative Team by Promoting Emerging Leadership
What can you do to promote leadership within your staff team? Emerging leaders need a chance to take on responsibilities that are interesting yet also stretch their skills in new directions. It is key to create conditions of success for youth & staff so they can have a positive experience as they step up. Strategies include transparent decision making, clear delegation and giving specific feedback.
Participants will be able to:
- Explore the conditions that will set their team up for success
- Determine when leadership can share power during the decision making process
- Identify steps to take when delegating responsibilities to staff
- (If time)Practice how to give specific feedback to staff on the responsibilities they have taken on
- Generate and share conditions of success for a collaborative team using a mind map
- Review Decision Making Continuum and partner with a peer to assess what level to use in a key upcoming decision
- Reflect on delegation steps: what do you want to hand off and to which staff?
- IF time: what feedback will you give to staff and when is best to share information?
Best for: Developing Coordinators, Managers, Directors
Target Student Population: Elementary School: All Grades, Middle School: All Grades, High School: All Grades